How Much Can a Ford F-150 Tow?
How much can a Ford F-150 tow? The towing capacity of a used Ford F-150 varies between engine options, but V8 and V6 engines are the best options if you want to optimize power and performance in your vehicle. Of the most recent several model years, the Ford F-150 towing capacity gets as high as 13,200 lbs! If you’re unsure which engine option or model year you should choose based on your needs, our sales team can help. See below for more information on the towing capacity of the Ford F-150 across the last several model years.
2019 F-150 Towing Capacity
The 2019 Ford F-150 towing capacity is 13,200 lbs across its six different engine options, except for the Turbo Diesel engine, which has a towing capacity of 11,500 lbs.
2019 Ford F-150 Engines:
- 2.7L EcoBoost®: 325 hp, 400 Ib-ft of torque
- 3.5L EcoBoost®: 375 hp, 470 Ib-ft of torque
- High Output 3.5L EcoBoost®: 450 hp, 510 Ib-ft of torque
- 3.3L TI-VCT V6: 290 hp, 265 Ib-ft of torque
- 5.0L TI-VCT V8: 395 hp, 400 Ib-ft of torque
- 3.0L Power Stroke® Turbo Diesel: 250 hp, 440 Ib-ft of torque
2018 F-150 Towing Capacity
The towing capacity of the 2018 Ford F-150 also maxes out at 13,200 lbs (with the Turbocharged 3.5L EcoBoost engine), although it’s towing capacity similarly can vary based on the engine you choose.
2018 Ford F-150 Engines:
- Turbocharged 3.5L EcoBoost® V6: 13,200-lb max towing capacity
- 5.0L TI-VCT V8: 11,600-lb max towing capacity
- 3.3L Ti-VCT V6: 7,700-lb max towing capacity
- Turbocharged 2.7L EcoBoost® V6: 9,000-lb max towing capacity
- High-Performance Turbocharged 3.5L EcoBoost® V6: 8,000-lb max towing capacity
2017 F-150 Towing Capacity
The 2017 Ford F-150 towing capacity reaches as high as 12,200 lbs and can haul a maximum of 3,220 pounds with the 3.5L EcoBoost V6 engine.
2017 Ford F-150 Engines:
- 3.5L EcoBoost® V6: 12,200-lb max towing capacity
- 5.0L Ti-VCT V8: 11,000-lb max towing capacity
- 2.7L EcoBoost® V6: 8,500-lb max towing capacity
- 3.5L EcoBoost® H.O. V6: 8,000-lb max towing capacity
- 3.5L Ti-VCT V6: 7,600-lb max towing capacity
2016 F-150 Towing Capacity
With the 2016 Ford F-150, you can again look forward to a maximum towing capacity of 12,200 lbs.
2016 Ford F-150 Engines:
- 3.5L EcoBoost® V6:12,200-pound max towing capacity
- 5.0L Ti-VCT V8: 11,100-pound max towing capacity
- 2.7L EcoBoost® V6: 8,500-pound max towing capacity
- 3.5L Ti-VCT V6: 7,600-pound max towing capacity
Explore the Used Ford F-150 Inventory at Freedom USA Auto Sales
Now that you know what the Ford F-150’s towing capacity is, explore our used Ford F-150 models for sale online or in-person at Freedom USA Auto Sales in Nashville. Our finance team can help answer any questions you have about financing options. For the best deal on a used Ford F-150 around Murfreesboro and Clarksville, browse our used vehicle specials. Contact us for further questions about our inventory!
Recent News From Freedom USA Auto Sales
To help you accomplish any tough task around Murfreesboro, you need a truck with ample space to bring everything you need in one trip. You can do just that with the various Ford F-150 bed sizes available among its different cab styles. From improved cab measurements to ample cargo space to meet your needs, see…
If you’re like many of our Nashville customers, you work hard during the week, so you can play hard on the weekend. That means you need a vehicle that will work as hard as you do, one that can tow that ATV, small camper, or fishing boat. You should think about making a used Jeep Wrangler…
How much can a Ford F-150 tow? The towing capacity of a used Ford F-150 varies between engine options, but V8 and V6 engines are the best options if you want to optimize power and performance in your vehicle. Of the most recent several model years, the Ford F-150 towing capacity gets as high as…